"Somewhere that's . . . "


Good afternoon,

Just reminiscing a little this afternoon and looking forward to another episode of Mad Men on Sunday evening. I can still see my Mom in the early 60's, resplendent in her mod-printed capri pants . . . and smoking . . . while making dinner in our long, galley-styled kitchen when we still lived in Florida. I must have been 4 years old. The 5th Dimension blasting on the huge stereo in the living room. My father pulling up from work in his huge Chevrolet.

It seems to me that one of the most compelling aspects of watching Mad Men for me is seeing the amazing work of the set designers . . . my mind easily wandering back to those early years . . . but, because I'm me . . . and my mind wanders easily . . . this is where it landed late this afternoon. If I'm going to have this running through my brain all weekend, then so are you . . . lol. But, it's a favourite from "Little Shop of Horrors." It always brings a little tear to my eye.




I guess it shows the impact of shelter magazines . . . lol. And I bet you didn't know there was a big musical number about "Better Homes and Gardens" did you? And, clearly, you should get to hear the big closing number. Just 'cause it's a favourite of mine too.



I hope you all have great plans for the weekend. And have found your way to that 'dream house' you've always wished for - no matter what its form.

cheers,
tartanscot

Comments

Dumbwit Tellher said…
Working on that dream house but I had a great distraction watching these LSofH videos. Love them as this movie will always be a favorite. I have a semi-dream house, just in the wrong state!
Happy weekend to you TS~
The Art Gallery in Vancouver has a current installation where you can see a series of apartments from the 1950's to the 1990's - really cool.

I also see moments of my childhood in that show - The styling is amazing!
Kalee said…
I adore Mad Men, I think that it is the fantastic attention to detail that I appreciate the most. Every detail seems though through, no matter how small. Oh, and the clothes- fantastic!

Popular Posts