"A Weekend in the Mountains . . . "

Designer Chipper Joseph, from House Beautiful
photography, Maura McEvoy

Greetings all,

In the small world of tartan devotees, there are truly few who could rival my own obsession. My sweet friend Chipper Joseph though - could give me a run for the money.



I met Chipper years (seriously, lots of years) ago, when I was still working for Ralph Lauren, and she was working on her family home. Miles of yardage for the window treatments. These beautiful wool carpets. And a festival of plaids for the kid's rooms. We bonded almost immediately . . . lol.


So, how wonderful, whilst I'm flipping through the new House Beautiful to come across this charming home in Sun Valley - giggling at the great use of tartan - and then seeing "Designer, Chipper Joseph" in the by-line. It was just like seeing an old friend after years of being apart.



And 'Wow.' The space just feels so welcoming. I just love the absence of window treatments in the great room. So that the light pours across the open floor plan. The space, despite its grand size, feels so intimate. So casual. So friendly.



And the great room anchored by the generous dining table all set for a family meal.


Just simple comfortable spaces with charming, solid 'work horse' textiles.



And seriously! The perfect place to relax after a long day of skiing.

I hope everyone has great plans for the weekend,
tartanscot


Comments

GRAYSONFAVOUR said…
Darling, Is this Laurie Joseph??
She has done a FAB job!!!

Popular Posts