"Please, Pass the . . . "



Greetings,

I hope you had a productive weekend. But, 'productivity' can take any one of a number of different forms. I always consider it a good weekend when I realize Monday morning that I hadn't worn my watch ALL weekend. This weekend's highlights included; a leisurely trip the new flea market in San Francisco. A little bootcamp workout. Some culture at the MOMA. Good food. And of course, an hour of amazing television last night watching Mad Men on AMC.

But, now - Monday morning - back to work - and back to our trip through the alphabet as the "Love Letters" series continues.

"D" is for . . .


"Dining Rooms"

Quite often I asked about which rooms I most enjoy designing - and frankly, dining rooms have always been one of my favourites. I've always felt that there is something so incredibly intimate about sharing a meal together. Maybe it's just the Southerner in me. Good food to sate our bodies. And good conversation to sate our souls.






O, sweet heavens - the width a breadth of the English language can't begin to describe how much I love this project in Scotland from Denton/Gardner. And I know that it's a favourite of several of y'all out there.


Gracious. Elegant. Perfectly beautiful!


If you haven't had a chance to purchase Joe's wonderful book, "Flair," I can't recommend it highly enough. Great ideas - and wondrously photographed.


From one of our recently completed projects here at the office.


And how many of us have this image tucked away in our inspiration files? So playful. Yet so simply beautiful.

And as a warning - you might need your passports for tomorrow's post. I like it when everyone is prepared - lol.

Cheers,
tartanscot

Comments

Absolutely beautiful. I espicially love the table set by Scot wood :). The Joe Nye book is now on my list. Love this.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)
Joe Nye's dining room is so beautiful. Everything he does is gorgeous. Shiree'
Beautiful dining rooms and that cad, Don Draper...have to agree, what's not to love!!!

The chairs with the blue tartan plaid are fabulous!
Sandra said…
Lovely pictures! And reminds me of the good old days when D is for Don and Betty were married. :-)
Those green curtains are fantastic.

Kelly
Pinky said…
I love dining rooms and love to entertain. Wish SO much my dining room was BIGGER....like these pictures! I wouold be having a dinner party every weekend!
Mona Thompson said…
The chairs with the blue tartan plaid are my very favorite. I love it that everything you love is NOT white. Fabulous rooms!
I'm in love with dining room tables. I think round tables are the best for conversation but also love large rustic farm tables that seat lots of people. Found one this past weekend at an antique store that seats 12. Should I move houses so I can have this table? Maybe?
Unknown said…
Tartanscot,

Dining rooms are sexy, because we share the enjoyment of and pleasures of food, conversation, laughter and us. It's therapy!

Bette
love, love, love that suzani tablecloth. (is envy a sin?)
The Suzanne Tucker room is my favorite! And not only because I used to work for the genius herself ; )

Great collection Scott, as always!

xx Katie
Elise Lowerison said…
These living rooms are amazing, so bright and lovely. They are so full of light and I love the window treatments! I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.
Carpet CA Guy said…
These dining rooms are beautiful, and the Scotland theme room looks so rich with all the colors and textures....I like how the designer was not afraid to use different colors and patterns, even in the flooring. Thanks for sharing these inspirational images!

Popular Posts