"Getting Ready . . . "


Greetings,

It's been another crazy, busy week around here once at SMW Design again.  Keeping our various design projects clipping along.  And also putting the finishing details on our upcoming event "Designing Your Holidays, with Scot Meacham Wood" on November 3rd.  Eeeeek.  Only two weeks away.  If you'd like more info, look HERE.  It's basically like throwing a seminar, a cocktail party, and three dinner parties on the same night.  It's gonna be great fun.  And informative.  And hilarious.

So I've been culling through images of parties I've worked on.  And through old photo-shoots.  And grinning from ear-to-ear with all the great memories . . .


Last Year at my Holiday Party . . . 
A few friends over.  Holiday 2008 . . . 
Photo Shoot for Holiday 2009
Holiday 2008 at the house . . .
A small New Year's Eve Dinner Party . . . 
From Rue Magazine's shoot at my place last holiday.
(image by tinywater photography)
Holiday party for a client . . . 
Holiday Dinner Party for a client . . . 
Holiday Dinner Party at the house last year . . . 
Some last-minute fussing . . . lol . . . 
And a special 'thank you' to the sponsors of the event - Lisa Davis from Kravet, Rhonda Hirata (from the San Francisco Design Center), and California Home + Design Magazine for all their help in promoting our seminar.

Cheers,
Scot


Comments

Linda McMullan said…
My Gracious! A veritable feast for the eyes...I just want to eat those table settings up with a big spoon! The rooms are absolutely fabulous. Everything you do is divine - wish you could come do my Atlanta house.
Linda,

Aw . . . thank you! I DO love putting together a good party!

Cheers,
Scot
Looking at photos of Christmas where there is an actual real Christmas tree is such a treat !
There are no real Christmas trees here , Christmas comes in the summer here ... I do miss North America at this time of year :)
I love your photos though ~
Sarah said…
Always fun to see shots of your home and entertaining style. The upcoming event sounds fabulous.
Just read the previous post about the new book. I'm adding it to my wish list. ;-)
~ Sarah
Lovely images of warmth and friendship, perfect decorations to the last detail, I can only dream of the new tablescapes you are plotting. Everything will be stunning!
katiedid said…
Scot, you are a Master! I wish I could live in just a little bit of your world! I hope I can make it to your event next week!

Every party looks better than the last, but I especially love your "flash dance" shirt in the first photo. ;D
Katie -

It's my "incredible-hulk-flower-arranging" shirt. And it gets more than its fair share of wear . . . lol . . .

cheers,
Scot
Sallie said…
Scott, What wonderful tables! Your flower arrangements are spectacular. I so admire your attention to every last detail.
Linda Merrill said…
This sounds like such a great event! Take it on the road and come to Boston!
Rashon Carraway said…
Your parties are always amazing. With an amazingly well styled home as your backdrop, who wouldn't want to drop by and be entertained here.



Mr. Goodwill Hunting
Vickie H. said…
Take it on the road, INDEED!!! What a marvelous suggestion! Please put Dallas on your list of stops!!! I know the lucky folks who get to join you for this upcoming event are going to be treated to the evening of a lifetime! DO TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES to share on the blog so the rest of us can live vicariously!!
You are so extremely talented and a wonderful inspiration! Good luck with everything! xx
My Notting Hill said…
Looks like a great event. Maybe you can bring it to the east coast next year!
Maison de lin said…
Hello,

Wow, this is a pleasure for the eyes. Too bad that we live so far apart otherwise I was definitely a customer of you.

PS I love that shirt torn at the first picture. It looks very sexy:-)

Have a nice weekend
Jérôme
Scot, what is that painting of the woman on the horse behind you guys on the sofa? It looks so pretty in your house.
Ann said…
Stunning tables!
Anonymous said…
Amazing! Love the colors and textures! You can come and style a holiday party for me anytime :)
Tasha2door said…
I so enjoy your blog and design style. It is amazingly refreshing compared to what is available here in Indiana. Thinking Christmas this year and saw your notes on your Holiday party of last year..... Love your white roses/evergreens/lemons with ornaments arrangement in the raised silver bowl. Would love to know some tips on how you did that. The best is your elegant buffet setting with the massive wood cutting board for food offerings; the juxtaposition of the elements creates such a pleasing mixture.
Thank you for sharing your talents with the world. Regards, Jean (great grandparents, came from Lerwick, Shetland Isles in 1800's).

Popular Posts