"Embracing Fall . . . "

 
 
Greetings,
 
It's just starting to happen here in San Francisco: There's a magical moment when it ceases to be summer and you know that fall has arrived. One of the first signs for me is seeing crossing guards ushering elementary students to the school in our neighborhood. 

Often that 'sense' of fall arrives before the calendar season or the chilly weather does - and our homes are a great place to celebrate that change. It's time to start nesting a bit and get things in order before that first evening by firelight gets here. And what better way than to use all of our senses? Below are some of my favorite things that you can enjoy with me.
 

Touch
 
Fall and winter have always been very tactile seasons for me. There's something iconic about that first evening sleeping under an extra blanket, or feeling the specific sensation of wool flannel next to my skin. So as I start getting my own home ready for fall, it all starts with the textiles - SMWHome's faux fur throw or maybe our wool decorative pillows, possibly a heavy gauge wool or cashmere throw for the sofa. Most anything that says snuggle is a great place to start - even our brand new collection of men's tartan scarves.



Smell
 
Whether we're talking about scented candles or the aroma of apple pies in the oven, smell is always one of the most evocative senses. With the new season, take a quick look at your candles and see if any need replacing. Maybe try a more woodsy scent? Our SMW Home Signature Candle is a bestseller for a reason!



Sight
 
What looks prettier than a sparkling table-setting, ready for your guests? I'm pleased to share our new elk, owl and pheasant tableware, or if that's not your cup of tea, we have antique teacups to make entertaining cozy.


Organization
 
Okay, being well-organized is clearly not one of the senses, but, let's call this one a "sense of calm." I'm much more of a fan of fall cleaning than spring cleaning. After a long summer of outdoor activities and vacationing, I see fall as an excellent time to turn my eyes away from the garden and start getting my interiors ready for entertaining, with the perfect barware or the perfect gift!
 
Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Scott,

Everything from your SMW home is fabulous! I may have to get some Christmas gifts from here for myself and my friends.
Cheryl said…
Looking quite dapper, Scot! I feel fall coming on!

Cheers,
Cheryl
Merlin said…
You can't go wrong with pheasant feathers!!! franki

Popular Posts